Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 9...Hair, Rehearsals & Miss Teen Intl. Finals...


Tonight was the final night of competition. This morning was an early one.....6:45 am hair appointment. Then it was off to rehearsals. I can honestly say that I had so many emotions running wild through me all day. Once rehearsals were completed I returned back to my hotel room where my whole family was waiting with open arms. They truly calm my nerves and in no time I was off to the theater to get ready for finals. I chose my best friend, Meghan, my boyfriend, Andy, and of course my mom, Tonya, to walk me to the theater. They are all so very important in my life and always put me in a good place prior to any competition. The teen contestants are all so very amazing. Each and everyone of them have a story and truly work their platforms. I am honored to be a part of such a phenomenal group of young ladies. As we took the stage with the Miss contestants the anticipation grew. When the top 10 were announced I was included. I was so honored to be a part of this group. When everything was said and done the new Miss Teen International was Miss Teen East Coast International, Juliana McKee. She is an amazing young lady who devotes her time to the American Heart Association and the Alliance for a Healthier Generation. I know she will do a fantastic job and will use her crown and sash to bring awareness and educate the country on her cause. Although I did not bring home the title I feel like a winner no matter what. I met so many wonderful people and I am honored to be a part of a pageant system that truly showcases the women of today and their accomplishments within their community. More importantly I have the most amazing family a little girl could have dreamed of and they make my life better everyday. I am thankful for their unconditional love and support and humble to be given all these opportunities given my past.

No comments:

Post a Comment