Sunday, July 11, 2010

Camarillo Fiesta & Street Fair


Every year the city of Camarillo has a Street Fair and Fiesta in Old Town. Since I was 7 this particular event has been one of the main highlights of my summer and I always look forward to attending. This year was a bit different however, I was not only a spectator but I also volunteered at the event. The Camarillo Fiesta and Street Fair is a 3 day event. On the first day, Friday, I was honored to announced the sponsors of the event as well as the bands in the evening. On Saturday, I helped sell raffle tickets in the Fiesta booth. The nice thing was that all of the proceeds of the raffle tickets sold went directly to supporting children's programs within the city. Of course I had to take a break from my volunteering to enjoy in all of the festivities, meet wonderful people, try on hats, and eat corn! YUMMY! My sister, Megan, and my little brother, Hunter, even rode a camel with me! It was so much fun. Once again I had a terrific time at Fiesta and Street Fair and I cannot wait to go again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment