Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Talk of the Desert with Melinda Reed


Today my adventures as Miss Teen California International 2010 lead me to the City of Palm Dessert to film a segment on the "Talk of the Desert." Both my mom and I were interviewed by the host and executive producer of the show, Melinda Read, who also happens to be the former Mrs. California International 1996. I shared my perspectives on my early childhood and what it has been like growing up since being adopted. We also discussed how I now use the tragedy of my past as a positive influence to do good things like starting Luggage of Love, speaking to teens in the system, bring awareness to the huge population of foster and shelter children who just need a chance, and working with other organizations to make a difference in our communities. We also talked about the importance of the International Pageant System in the success of my endeavors with Luggage of Love. During the interview Melinda surprised me on set with a new 3 piece set of luggage. The entire crew was beyond nice and I had a wonderful time. Thank you Melinda for having me on your show and being so gracious. You are an inspiration and I would love the opportunity to talk with you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment