Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Luggage A Big Deal For Abused, Neglected Kids kcal9 News - cbs2.com


Today was a whirlwind I must admit...this morning I went to graduation practice. No sooner did I get there and I was called away to return home. Apparently Amy Johnson from KCAL 9 News had called my mom asking to do a piece on me in 30 minutes. Holy moly was I excited! I met Amy out at Casa Pacifica, the shelter I use to live at, and we toured the facility and filmed a portion of the segment in my old room. I really love going back there. It brings back so many memories, and it inspires me to keep doing what I am doing with Luggage of Love. I feel so blessed that I was taken to this shelter and that I was given a second chance on life. We finished the segment at my office where I was able to show Amy all of my luggage. I was so impressed with how fast this piece was put together. No sooner was it shot....it was edited an on the news in 20 minutes! Wow, talk about FAST!!! Thanks Amy for sharing my story with the world. I enjoyed spending the day with you and look forward to visiting with you again.

Please click the links below to see the piece.

Luggage A Big Deal For Abused, Neglected Kids - cbs2.com

Video Library - cbs2.com

No comments:

Post a Comment