Sunday, October 11, 2009

My meeting with Assemblywoman Audra Strickland...

Last Friday I had the honor to sit down with the California State Assemblywoman of the 37th District, Audra Strickland, and her staff. I personally thanked her for my award certificate of recognition for my community service efforts that I received from her when I was honored as the Youth Volunteer of the Year for my City. I told her about my journey thus far and what my plans are with my organization Luggage of Love. We talked about possible collaborative efforts and she had some really good advice for me as I try to make Luggage of Love a household name. I learned about what her job entails and I found it to be very interesting and empowering. I look forward to speaking with her again and having her attend some of my fundraisers. A big thanks to her and her staff for meeting with me.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow:
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment