Thursday, October 22, 2009

I will be donating my $1000 Scholarship for being the 2009 Youth Volunteer of the year to Luggage of Love!

Today I had the opportunity to sit down with Sandra Walker, Director of Operations, for the Camarillo Chamber of Commerce. I brought her up to date on my efforts with Luggage of Love and winning the title of Miss Teen California International 2010. I explained to her that I used the $1000 from my scholarship to purchase additional luggage for children in foster and shelter care throughout California. She shared with me numerous possibilities of fundraising as well as resources to use. It was a very inspiring meeting and I walked away feeling very honored to spent the hour with her. Thanks so much Sandra, the top 10 committee, and the Camarillo Chamber of Commerce for believing in me and Luggage of Love!


Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: My $1000 Scholarship
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook



No comments:

Post a Comment