Sunday, February 26, 2012

Cal Lu University Relay for Life



A BIG congratulations to my friend, Cristina Markiewicz, who championed California Lutheran University's first Relay for Life. It was a huge undertaking but all your hard worked payed off. There were over 400 Participants, 38 Teams, and $41,422 was raised!!

My sister titleholder, Miss Teen California International Amanda Jenkins, came down from Northern California to lead a team of her own. Jr Miss California International Chelsea Vuong and her family also joined us as well. It was so nice to get together to support Amanda's team, "Too Inspired to be Tired". During the day, we walked for those battling this deadly disease and at night we remembered those who had passed and are now looking down upon us. Today I walked in memory of my grandma, Kay, who lost her short battle to cancer 6 years ago. I can not tell you how much I was moved by the testimonials of the survivors that spoke during the event. I know that it took a great deal of courage for each of you to get on stage and share your story of your battle with cancer. I am honored to have walked today for such a great cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment