Thursday, January 26, 2012

Soroptimist International of Camarillo


Soroptimist International of Camarillo is a member of an International organization that improves the lives of women and girls in local communities and throughout the world. This morning I had the wonderful opportunity to speak to the group of women and share about my community service efforts. Each member was well aware of Casa Pacifica (the local shelter that I use to live at) and each had their own understanding of what life is like for children in shelter and foster care; some even had a background in the social services field. It was a true pleasure speaking with these wonderful and accomplished women. I hope I was able to add to their knowledge of life as one of these underpriveleged children and I thank them for their thoughtful donation to Luggage of Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment