Thursday, November 24, 2011

Marths's Village & Kitchen Thanksgiving 5K



During Thanksgiving I like to take the time to give back to those who have a similar past as mine. This year I had the opportunity to run in the Marths's Village & Kitchen Thanksgiving 5K run with my sister, Megan Brunett and a very dear friend of mine, Miss Teen Nevada International 2012, Courtney Critz. This race took place in beautiful La Quinta California. Martha's Village & Kitchen is the largest provider of homeless services in Riverside County. Annually they provide over 43,800 nights of shelter, of which 22,338 are for children under 15. I am blessed to have supported this amazing foundation, and honored to have been asked to share a little bit of my past with the runners prior to the race and why I chose to participate that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment