Saturday, February 27, 2010

The 21st Annual Casa Pacifica Angels Ball



This evening I was honored to be the guest speaker at the 21st Annual Angels Ball held at the Sherwood Country Club in Thousand Oaks California. The Angels Ball is an annual black-tie gala to benefit the children and families of Casa Pacifica (the shelter I use to live at). Being an alumni I was able to share my story with everyone so that the attendees had a deeper understanding of how their contributions truly help the shelter youth. I expressed to the group how important Casa Pacifica is in my life still to this day. And because of the shelter I was able to learn boundaries, obtain my first possessions, and more importantly find a family and a place to call home. At the end of my speech I received a standing ovation, which I can honestly say brought tears to my eyes and will forever be a symbol of why I have chosen the right path.

The Casa Pacifica Angels are a special group of over 300 volunteers that collectively raise millions of dollars each year for Casa Pacifica through fundraising events. The Angels also host four exciting parties each year for the shelter children, assist in various programs, and serve as real-life role models. While speaking with many of the Angel Volunteers that evening, I was able to share my story and the amazing things that the Angels Cloud Nine Program had done for me personally.

During the evening there was a live auction where the attendees bid on many different prize packages. One amazing portion of this live auction was when the attendees had the opportunity to bid on sponsoring a group of Casa Pacifica children to attend the San Diego Sea World Kid's Camp. This particular auction went for $25,000!! I was touched to see people donating so generously to such an important place. A million thanks to all of those individuals who help make Casa Pacifica the place it is... you are the reason I am who I have become today. I thank you with all my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment