Thursday, February 25, 2010

National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association (NARFE)

Today I was a speaker at the NARFE Ventura County Chapter meeting. I was treated to a wonderful lunch with the attendees. Shortly after, I was introduced by the President of the chapter, Tony Pizza. During my speech I shared my personal story of being a battered and abused child. I spoke about my struggles and triumphs growing up in the system, about being homeless, and the organization I started in 2008 "Luggage of Love". When I had finished speaking there was a Q&A portion where the attendees had the opportunity to ask questions. Everyone was so intrigued by my story and they had many suggestions for "Luggage of Love", which warmed my heart greatly. The Chapters 2nd V.P., George Ramirez, spoke after I did and shared his story of his adopted daughter who also struggled during her young years. Afterwards, the club generously donated $200 and many of the members made personal donations. All in all "Luggage of Love" raised $650 today thanks to NARFE and its caring and thoughtful members! A special thanks to Judy Farrar, Erika Hamm, Carl & Dolores Bailey, Richard & Muriel Mark, Lupe Morales, and those individuals who made cash donations. Your generosity is greatly appreciated!



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: NARFE Appearance
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox free slideshow design

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    Look what they're talking about you in my blog!!

    Kisses,
    Camila :)

    ReplyDelete