Sunday, November 15, 2009

13th Annual Kinship Celebration in Costa Mesa

Today was the most amazing day since being crowned Miss Teen California Intl 2010. Both Ashley Pavletich (Mrs. California Intl 2010) and I were invited as guests to the 13th Annual Kinship Celebration in Costa Mesa. This event was one of the ones that left a feeling of validation for me in my life. You see, I was amongst fellow youth that had experienced similar situations such as myself that were adopted. Children from 1 month old to teens were in attendance with their "soon to be" or already adoptive parents. It was a "family" event celebration with the theme of "Follow Your Dreams". The Kinship Center is a non-profit organization who works to find loving permanent homes for children in the system. And by the looks of it they are doing amazing things. I met so many nice people who have chosen to brighten the lives of children and make them a part of their family. Thanks so much to the Kinship Center for embracing my story and allowing me the opportunity to be the guest speaker and share my story as well as my dreams. I hope I inspired the children to do great things no matter what there past has been. If you can dream it you can do it, and do not let anyone tell you otherwise! And last but not least, a special thanks to all the children who touched my heart and made me feel special today, you all will forever be a part of my life.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow:
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow



No comments:

Post a Comment