Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Nutcracker Ballet


This past weekend I was asked to make a special guest appearance in the Ventura County Ballet Company's November production of The Nutcracker. It was held at the Oxnard Performing Arts Center, and all three of the performances were packed. I played the part of a "party parent" in ACT I. I can not tell you how much fun it was to be able to sit backstage and watch all that goes into one of these productions...I had no clue what so ever that any one person could have 3 "change-ups" in one show. The amount of time and dedication by each dancer is amazing. The costumes alone are detailed to a T. I was honored to meet some of the nicest people who dedicate their time to this production each and every year. A gracious thank you to the Ventura Ballet Company for this wonderful opportunity. It was truly an experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment