Wednesday, November 10, 2010

2010 Youth Philanthropist of the Year Award


The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) is constantly working to advance philanthropy through advocacy, research, education and certification programs. The association fosters development and growth of fundraising professionals and promotes high ethical standards in the fundraising profession. National Philanthropy Day®, November 15, is the special day set aside to recognize and pay tribute to the great contributions that philanthropy—and those people active in the philanthropic community—have made to our lives, our communities and our world. This year was the 50th Anniversary of AFP and the event was held at The Ventura Beach Marriott. The Master of Ceremonies was KCLU General Manager, Mary Olson. I was honored at this ceremony as the 2010 Ventura Youth in Philanthropy for my efforts with Luggage of Love and the other service organizations I help out with on a continual basis. My amazing "forever family" attended to watch me receive this prestigious award as well as the Dean family. In fact, Mr. Geoff Dean presented me with my award! I was very touched by his introduction and thoughtful words, but more importantly that he and his wife, Marlene, got to share this special day with me and my family. It was very inspiring to hear about all the amazing work that other Philanthropist who were honored had done within their community and abroad. I want to thank the Association of Fundraising Professionals for this award, words cannot express the gratitude that I feel, this means so much to me. Listed below are all of the honorees that were honored along with me.



Santa Barbara Philanthropist of the Year - Jackie Inskeep
Ventura Philanthropist of the Year - Barbara Meister
Santa Barbara Volunteer of the Year - Tresha Sell
Ventura Volunteer of the Year - Rosemary Allison
Santa Barbara Youth in Philanthropy - Katy Villanueva
Ventura Youth in Philanthropy - Dedria Brunett
Fundraiser of the Year - R. Stephen Wheatly




No comments:

Post a Comment