Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Pleasant Valley Lions Club


Today I spoke to the Pleasant Valley Lions Club. I was treated to an amazing dinner cooked by the club members. After dinner I was called to the podium to give my presentation about my organization. When I finished there was a standing ovation by all the members. I was deeply touched that they understood and supported my efforts with Luggage of Love. At this point the President of the club, Rich Cervantes, presented me with a P.V. Lions Big Red One banner and a $500 check from the club. He asked me to return next year to share my organizations progress. Immediately after I was awarded the check, the club had a raffle, and to my surprise each individual who won money that night donated it to Luggage of Love. All in all Luggage of Love raised $735.00 this evening!!! I had an incredible time and I cannot wait to come back. Thank you Pleasant Valley Lions Club!

No comments:

Post a Comment