Sunday, March 14, 2010

Miss & Teen Ventura County Intl Pageant


Tonight was the Miss & Teen Ventura County International Pageant. This was a very special evening for me because my Director Eddie Peterson and sister titleholder Mrs. California Intl Ashley Pavletich were in attendance as well. After a lovely dinner we all headed over to the Oxnard Performing Arts Center for the pageant. Since I was a previous titleholder for Crowning Glory Productions I was given the opportunity to share a little bit about my experience so far as Miss Teen California International 2010 during the pageant. I was so happy to see my previous sister titleholders....Meghan Lopez (Miss Ventura County Intl 2009), Allison Bowman (Miss Gold Coast Intl 2009), Sammy Riddle (Miss Greater Conejo Valley Intl 2008), and Hilary Gushwa (Miss California Intl 2009) who was also the Mistress of Ceremonies.

On a more personal note, it was so rewarding for me to see the CASAs (Court Appointed Special Advocates) with their teens who I invited personally. Many of these teens share the same experiences I had as a child and are still trying to triumph above them. I am honored to share my experiences in hopes that they too will not become a statistic but rather a positive role model in our community. Thank you for attending this event, and remember....never let your past decide your fate, you can do great things as long as you put your mind to it! I believe in you.

After the new titleholders were crowned we all went backstage to take pictures with them as well as with Ron & Christl Karlson from Torgny Jewelers, last years titleholders Miss Teen Ventura County Intl 2010 Sejal Thacker and Miss Ventura County Intl 2010 Shauna Libby. There was an after party at TGI Fridays where we all gathered to honor the new titleholders. Congrats to Keri Ann Johnson and April Mitchell for winning Miss & Teen Ventura County International 2011. Enjoy your year as it will go by before you know it. See you ladies at State in September and I encourage all of the girls who competed to run at State as well because it is an experience of a lifetime! Keep up all your community service as we are the examples of the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment