Saturday, September 10, 2011

Miss California Intl 2012



This past weekend I participated in the 2012 Miss California International Pageant at the Embassy Suites in Downey, California. The first night was the Gala Awards Dinner where the special awards were handed out. In the Miss division, the beautiful Shelby Irey was honored with the photogenic award. Congratulations to the community service award winners for their endless commitments to their platforms: Julie Rossini, Brooke Conlin, and Meghan Lopez. I am humbled to say that I was honored with the very first Josephine G.Cook Community Service Award for my efforts with Luggage of Love. My heart dropped when I received a plaque with my name engraved on it. I can not express how thankful I am to be blessed with this award, I am truly speechless. Thank you Eddie Peterson for everything, but most importantly for keeping the legacy of your mother alive through your foundation. I know she is proud of all that you are and all that you do. Courtney Critz (a.k.a. "my little sister"), Jr. Miss California Intl 2011 was also honored for her continual efforts with St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. "Cha Cha", you are true inspiration to me, I love you. I am honored to be a part of the International Pageant System and all that it stands for. The next morning was the one-on-one interview with the judges and then it was on to Finals. Finals Night was a VERY intense competition! All of the girls competed in their respective areas of competition; Fun Fashion, Evening Gown, and Fitness. The Top 5 of each division were called and from there each finalist answered their on-stage question. So many wonderful women and young ladies were competing their hearts out to win one of the four coveted California International titles. In the Miss division, the 4th Runner-up was my dear friend Meghan Lopez; 3rd Runner-up was Brooke Conlin; 2nd Runner-up was Kaitlin Cooksey; and the 1st Runner-up was Alesha Darby. I am so honored to say that at the end of the night I was awarded with the title of Miss California International 2012!!!!!

At this point there are so many people I want to thank. First off, I would like to thank my Forever Family for adopting me into their lives and into their hearts. You have given me more than any little girl could ask for. Eddie Peterson, thank you for putting on such an amazing pageant. You are the best director any titleholder can ask for and you are an even better friend. Thank you for inspiring me to do my best every day. To my judges: Sheryl Ellison, Susan G. Botek, Tarron Rilry, Raeanne Duca, and Dr. Andrew Thorn: THANK YOU SO MUCH! I hope to make you proud this year of your decision and I will use this title to its fullest. I also want to thank Austin Ryde. Words can not express how thankful I am that you are in my corner. You are such a talented hair & make-up artist! Tiffany, Grammy, Carson, and Cha-Cha: I love you all so much! Thank you for all of your
time, love, belief and support. You are all true blessings in my life. Thank you to Judy Wright and the Wright Family for your kind words and continual support over the years. Alos, thank you to Dennis Cooke, Chantz, Gini and Jessica, Jim Monte, and every person along the way who has made this such a memorable experience. I love you all!! I feel so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment