Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Day at the Ballet for local foster children...




This afternoon I attended the 2nd Annual Day at the Ballet as their special guest. Last years event was so special to me that I could not miss it this year. The Ventura County Ballet Company along with The Angel Heart Foundation hosted this wonderful event that benefits the foster, shelter & kinship children in Ventura County. The children had the opportunity to decorate a point shoe, create ballet crafts, get their faces painted, decorate and eat a yummy cookie, and of course perform a small portion of the Nutcracker to an audience of foster parents, kinship parents, CASA's, and the ballet company. After the performance I read a short story to the group and told them about how much we all had in common. I shared with them my dream of becoming a princess and how my dreams came true because I believed. Several of the girls shared their dreams and I encouraged them to make them reality. I signed autographs and took pictures but most of all I hugged and listened to the girls. I let them know that I am proud of them and I believe that they can do anything as long as they believe in themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment