Saturday, August 13, 2011

$200 Donation to Courtney's Toy Clean Up Project


My dear friend Courtney Critz is the reigning Jr. Miss California International 2011. She uses her title to champion her cause, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. For those who do not know, St. Judes is the only pediatric cancer research center where families never have to pay for treatment not covered by insurance. No child is ever denied treatment because of the family's inability to pay. To help raise funds for St. Judes, Courtney started Toy Clean-Up Project. Through this, Courtney collects new or gently used toys. She then holds garage sales and donates all of the proceeds to her cause. I am very inspired by Courtney's dedication and perseverance. So, I could not think of a better way to support her efforts than by collecting toys in my area and holding a garage sale of my own. Through this one sale we were able to raise $200! All of the proceeds from the sale went to Courtney and her project. I am so proud of you Courtney and all of your efforts with your cause. Keep up the great work girly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment