Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Casa Pacifica Angels presents...Spotlight on Style Fashion Show and Luncheon


This Saturday I attended the Casa Pacifica Angels Spotlight on Style Fashion Show and Luncheon at Four Seasons in Westlake Village. This event included a champagne reception, luncheon, Runway Fashion Show, and an enticing silent auction. The venue was decorated fabulously. There was a long runway in the center of the room and each table had a manikin ladies head with a beautiful hat that had been decorated especially for the event. These hats were raffled off to raise money for Casa Pacifica, and I can tell you that everyone wanted a hat so the ticket buying was fierce. The event had gorgeous models, fabulous boutique items, and delicious food (especially the bundt cake...YUM!). More importantly though was the reason why all of these wonderful people got together for this special event...to support Casa Pacifica a place that is near and dear to my heart. Casa Pacifica is an emergency care shelter that helps abused, neglected, and severely emotionally disturbed children in Ventura County. It is also the shelter that gave me a new beginning and that continues to help children in similar situations as mine. It was so nice to see so many familiar faces at each of these events, and it warms my heart that so many people share in the same interest of helping children who really need a chance at a new beginning. That is why it was such an honor to speak on behalf of children before the fashion show. I shared my story with the attendees and encouraged each of them to sponsor a child. It takes a lot of money to run a facility like Casa Pacifica yearly and I can speak from experience how vital Casa Pacifica is for children like myself. After I spoke it was time for the male and female models to strut their stuff on the runway. All of the gowns were to die for, however my favorite part by far was seeing Geoff Dean, Chet Schreiber, Jonathan Severn and Mike and Tyson Siedman strut their stuff in order to raise money for such an amazing shelter. During the days events, Stephanie Caffee, Special Events & Angels and Amigos Coordinator, was honored for her volunteer work. Bill and Susan Burgos were also Special Honorees for their incredible work with Casa Pacifica. And my mom, sister, and I won a beautiful hat centerpiece to take home. Thanks to everyone who attended and continues to support Casa Pacifica, you are truly make a difference in a life of a child!


No comments:

Post a Comment