Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Buena High School Speaking Engagement

Buena High School has a specially designed class for students who were "at-risk", and have now changed turned it around and improved their grades, and more importantly... their lives. This class often has outside speakers come and share their story of overcoming adversity and making the best possible lives for themselves, despite who they were or where they come from. I was asked to share my story of being a former homeless, shelter, and foster youth; the challenges I faced and the struggles I continue to battle. This group of young men and women all had similar stories so we were able to relate to one another on a deeper level. I hope that my story made a difference in their lives. Thank you Buena High School for having me and I am honored that you have asked me to return to speak again.

No comments:

Post a Comment