Monday, July 18, 2011

Rotary Club's 19th Annual Care for Kids Golf Classic


The 19th Annual Care for Kids Golf Classic is hosted by Rotary Club of Camarillo and the proceeds from this event benefit Casa Pacifica. Casa Pacifica is very near and dear to my heart and it is always an honor to speak on behalf of them as a former foster youth resident of the shelter. Petra and Al Lowe, two of the sweetest and most caring people I know, sponsored the charity event, and I have to take time to thank them and The Rotary Club for giving me another chance to share how passionate I am about Casa Pacifica and all that it has done for me. Also, I want to thank The Rotary Club for their very generous donation of $800 to Luggage of Love, and the most amazing Casa Pacifica blanket ever! It was also a pleasure volunteering my time today to help out in what ever way possible during the golf tournament. This event was truly phenomenal: great food, great company, great raffle items all for a great cause. I am looking forward to helping more with the Care for Kids Golf Classic in the years to come. And did I mention even Archie the therapy dog from Casa was in attendance doing what he does best...relaxing. He is truly a blessing to many of these children who only open up to him. I can not tell you how valuable he is to the shelter and how much I wish that he would have been there when I needed a friend. So here is to Archie, Casa Pacifica's for legged angel!

No comments:

Post a Comment