Saturday, June 25, 2011

2nd Annual Luggage of Love Car and Bike Show


After months and months of planning and preparation, I am so happy this day finally arrived, and I have SO many people to thank because of this. From all the volunteers to the vendors and the attendees I owe you all a huge THANK YOU!!! Luggage of Love flourishes because of generous, open hearted people such as you. This year I not only promoted and fundraised for Luggage of Love and children in the system; but I also had the opportunity, with the blessing of Brenda, to dedicate my car show in the memory of her life partner and local automotive icon, "Jalopy Joe" Moody. From 6am to 4pm, my "crew" and I worked to put on an amazing show. Being the second car show, we had just under 100 entrees! One of my friends, Nia Sanchez, Miss Hollywood USA, was our special guest at the event. We also had amazing raffle prizes from Flat Screen TV's to a beautiful diamond and pearl necklace donated by George Thompson Diamond Company. Tons of Snap-On Tools as well as 2 children's bikes and much more! I want to thank all of the vendors who participated...Hello Gorgeous Couture, Bones Fab, Rocket Fizz, Breaker's Stereo, Oxnard PD/ Brian Woolley, Lozanos Jewelery, Ventura K9, Primetime RV Storage, Party Town Jumps, New Era Debt Solutions, Smiley's Super Hot Dogs, Deluxe Photo and Video, Ventura Motorworks, and VMW Title Loans. Thank you again to The Palms for allowing me to have this event at your location.Because of the support of so many people children all over California will not have to carry their personal belongings in trash bags any longer. Thank you so much for understanding how important this is and how simple this is to change. It just takes a dream to become reality by setting a plan in motion. Please join me on this adventure....it will be well worth it, I PROMISE!

No comments:

Post a Comment